Tuesday, 30 June 2015

Confessions of Broad Minded Woman- III





Mom, stop hovering! I can handle myself.
A white lie through the teeth. Trust me! Boy trouble, bad boss, shitty work day- we got them all nailed. Immaculately self-dependent and stable from outside. Yet, inside there is always a turmoil that runs. Can I handle this anymore? Is my decision right? What if I screw up all those I have made so far? Millions of questions.



A modern woman is always pictured as someone who, when fallen down would rise, brush off the dirt from elbow and say, “hey cool, that happens! So where do we go next?” Not a hint of embarrassment or weakness. A broad minded or strong willed women is not one who doesn’t have weakness-that’s mythical- but one who can identify those moments of weakness.

Most of the times this is not the case in man-woman relationships. We are ready to face those troubles. But a cold shoulder from mom: that freaks the hell out of us! I only want solitude (read, not independence- for nobody holds my freedom) to the extent where I am trusted and respected by my family and not to the extent where my parents don’t give a damn about my decisions and whereabouts.
That’s not independence. That is ignorance. My exam dates, guidance in financial decisions, stuffing that lunch pack in the bag- I love all those. I crave for all those. It is not weakness. It is affection. I don’t want to be a Tarzan in the jungle albeit having every kith and kin.

This idea doesn’t confine to parents alone. That over bossy aunty who is more interested in my marriage than her daughter’s, the uncle who seems to know my career better than myself, everyone of these.

I complain, I’m annoyed, I’m even rude at times- but that’s what relationships are all about. Not a bed of roses all the time. We fight, we argue, we hate, and yet we love too. Sometimes, it is the attention, other times, it is the hidden care and affection. We do make a fuss about it all the time!

I’m a broad minded girl not out of chance. It was the conscious choice you parents made while nurturing me. So yeah, with a certain predetermined notion I ward off you and your care. But honestly, I crave for it and I love it when I get even when I’m being an ass!




No comments:

Post a Comment