Sunday, 3 May 2015

Facade- II

A year back, I wrote this poem's prequel. Read both the poems to know how a strong woman evolves and also what is there behind the masks.

Facade-I : http://penurheart.blogspot.in/2014/03/facade.html




My ego is my mask
My sarcasm is my shield
My words are my sword
Yes I put up a facade- 'cause
I want to be a strong woman

I will rip your throat
I will make you quiver
I will personify ruthlessness
Yes I put up a facade- 'cause
I want to be a strong woman

I keep my emotions in check
I keep my senses at bay
I keep feigning nonchalance
Yes I put up a facade- 'cause
I want to be a strong woman

Logic is at my rescue
Reasoning is my favorite
Sappy sentiments I discard
Yes I put up a facade- 'cause
I want to be a strong woman

Laughable looks I snort at
Calling body image a myth
Vanity is ephemeral I say
Yes I put up a facade- 'cause
I want to be a strong woman

Independent is my middle name
Personal space I fight for
Self sustained I claim
Yes I put up a facade- 'cause
I want to be a strong woman

Romance turns my nose up
Commitment is Achilles heel
Piousness I brush away
Yes I put up a facade- 'cause
I want to be a strong woman

Dark doesn't bother me
Loafers are annoying pests
I shoo away with a finger
Yes I put up a facade- 'cause
I want to be a strong woman

Rejection doesn't bother me
Criticism doesn't kill me
Humiliation is long forgotten
Yes I put up a facade- 'cause
I want to be a strong woman

My mask is now inseparable
Making only my eyes visible
It doesnt suffocate to breathe
Yes I'm slowly accepting the facade-'cause

I want to be a strong woman

No comments:

Post a Comment