Tuesday, 17 March 2015

Abortion



A gripping pain that sears through
Like constricting sky to a palmful
Blood turning into steel to harden
Letting not the heart take pain or hurt

Cold sweat chilling the spine
Cold shoulder that caused this pain
Sleep my little baby, its not right time yet
Sleep my little baby, its not right time yet

Biting back the groans and cries
Tossing in writhe is all I can do
Pain is not mine to suffer along
But the wordless ache of a life

Nobody is to be blamed and chastised
Nobody is to be condemned and killed
Sleep my little baby, its not right time yet
Sleep my little baby, its not right time yet

World is evil and momma is chicken
You deserve a king's throne not a thorn
Be assured this is the best shield for you
Deflecting ill name and illegitimate tag

Next time when you come, I'll be ready
You won't be flushed down the gutter
Sleep my little baby, its not right time yet
Sleep my little baby, its not right time yet

Profoundly sad I am, but guilty not
Profanity I might deserve some
Pressure tugs deep in my belly
As you sluggishly slip away

I promise I will be a better mom
Strong and stronger just for you
Until then....
Sleep my little baby, its not right time yet
Sleep my little baby, its not right time yet


7 comments:

  1. Images and words will melt you down !!! Well Written !

    ReplyDelete
  2. A worried woman went to her gynecologist and said:

    'Doctor, I have a serious problem and desperately need your help! My baby is not even 1 year old and I'm pregnant again. I don't want kids so close together.

    So the doctor said: 'Ok and what do you want me to do?'

    She said: 'I want you to end my pregnancy, and I'm counting on your help with this.'

    The doctor thought for a little, and after some silence he said to the lady: 'I think I have a better solution for your problem. It's less dangerous for you too.'

    She smiled, thinking that the doctor was going to accept her request.

    Then he continued: 'You see, in order for you not to have to take care 2 babies at the same time, let's kill the one in your arms. This way, you could rest some before the other one is born. If we're going to kill one of them, it doesn't matter which one it is. There would be no risk for your body if you chose the one in your arms.

    The lady was horrified and said: 'No doctor! How terrible! It's a crime to kill a child!

    'I agree', the doctor replied. 'But you seemed to be OK with it, so I thought maybe that was the best solution.'

    The doctor smiled, realizing that he had made his point.

    The mom was convinced that there is no difference in killing a child that's already been born and one that's still in the womb.

    The crime is the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand the modern day priorities and the difficulties that child has to go through if the child was born before marriage or some other "not accepted social" means.

    But one line that seriously pisses me off is this...

    "Sleep my little baby, its not right time yet"

    Abortion kills the baby... Abortion does not sing lullaby to the baby... I don't mind people killing their unborn babies. Its their body, their baby and their decision.

    Why do you sugar coat the "act of killing" as the "act of love for the baby" in such a beautiful poem?.

    Its your baby and you have the legal right to kill it. Why can't you simply say, "Yeah. I had a baby and I killed it for X reasons.".

    The proper line could be,

    "Die my little baby, I will get another one later"...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Prem

    Yeah. I agree with you. Its a crime. Its a cold blooded murder. But can you try looking at it from the woman's perspective. She isn't bold enough to have the baby. That doesn't mean that she doesn't love it. Ours is the culture where we have a lullaby song before female infanticide. This is somewhere close to it. Euphemism. Not trying to defend or support anything. My idea is to bring out a different emotion that could possibly be going through the ladies mind when she decided to terminate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks charu, deepthi and unni.. :)

    It does feel a little gross to take compliments for a sad poem and smile for it.

    ReplyDelete